Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Very merry real birthday to her!

Today is Smirk's 18th (Gasp) Birthday... Stand by for a moment while I go breathe into a paper bag.....

are you still there? Almost done...

Ok, better... She is 18... Legal, an adult... (HA) She can vote, drive her friends legally in my car, she can stay out past midnight (not that I will allow it, but she could). She is grown...

I sit here fondly reflecting on the past 18 years and how much she has changed. She was always an independent child, never afraid, didnt show pain and was always smiling.... And now she is still independent, but also has become strong, fearless and cannot wait to enter the real world.

I envy her, she has her whole life ahead of her. Many choices and wonderful things to see and become. She has decided to go to junior college until she decides where to go and what degree to pursue. She wants to join law enforcement but isnt sure where. But even when she becomes the top cop or federal agent, she will always be my baby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember 18.. All bodyparts in prime condition and original location..! Happy Birthday girl.. its all gravity from here!

Anonymous said...

There are lots of us who are beaming with pride that Smirk has turned 18. She has always been a wonderful person and just gets better each year. Independent? Strong? You mean like Smiley? Oh Yeah! That's my girls! (you too, Grin).