Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do you feel like dancing, wooo dancing...

I love music... Any kind of music, I am not partial. I can listen to country, rock, metal rock, gregorian chants, 80's punk, classical, broadway show tunes. I like it all. Smirk seems to have inherited my love of music (without the classical and gregorian chants) and could not survive without the invent of the ipod. She can be found bouncing around the house dancing to her own beat.
We all have deep conversations about figuring out our theme songs. We can be found breaking out into song to answer random questions.
Grin, is far more serious in her musical thoughts (as she is with everything else). While she does participate in our fun, she only likes certain musical genres. We are trying to expand her horizons but it is difficult.

Grin cannot read and listen to music at the same time. Nor can she do homework while the TV or radio is on. She has to have complete silence while reading...For instance right now the clicking of the keyboard is probably driving her insane as she sits next to me in a catatonic state while struggling through the first chapter of the Mayor of Casterbridge for her summer reading lists. You can hear ever twitter of the birds outside. You can hear the leaf drop from the trees...

The silence is DEAFENING and killing me....

Resorting to Smirk's ipod, as she is still asleep and surgically removed it from her head before bed. It is quite a picture.... Me, head nodding back and forth, typing in time to the beat of some 80's pop band ooh-laa-ing about how to free my mind and the rest will follow into my ear, while I lip sync along, for I am not allowed to sing aloud. While my lovely child glares over the top of the book, like a somber librarian shushing me, informing me that my lip syncing is loud and just as distracting as my chair dancing... I feel like Kevin Bacon in footloose... I am going to explode into dance and song very soon!!! She better watch out.... I am going to start jumping on the couch and dancing around her prostrate, taciturn body. I do believe I will start with a melody about my favorite things....

No comments: