Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life in the fast lane???

So I am just going to come out and say it... Get it over with, just like ripping a band aid off the hairy part of your arm... Yesterday was my 40th birthday. The more I say it, the easier it gets to admit that I am 40... My birthday was spent working... Avoiding the birthday thought... Although everyone wanted to give me their best wishes, I suspect they really wanted to see if someone brought cake. Smirk and Grin were very sweet. They tried to make dinner, I helped, just so it wouldnt burn. They did clean the living room. I got a lovely card from my parents! But the kicker is when the Ex Mr. Amused called to ask me a question and then had to remind me that he might be a year older than me but as a man, he gets distinguished but women just get old... Not fair!
It is really difficult to think that I can possibly be old enough to have lived through the 70's, the 80's and the 90's. I dont feel 40, but it is sad... I am supposedly now middle aged. I am also now classified as a cougar... This is not right! Why are women cougars??? For instance...Would anyone call this man a cougar? He is 2 days older than I am and still beautiful.

This link below does make me feel better although, I do not have a personal trainer and lots and lots of money to help me with this transition but does anyone ever call these ladies cougars??? I dont think so!!

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/opinions/a-dozen-actresses-in-their-40s-that-still-rev-our-engines.php

I do believe I am going to go and finish off the cupcakes that the girls bought me last night. And have at least 5 more cups of coffee then maybe I can face the rest of my new 40 year old life. The coffee may taste funny with the salt from my tears, but I am sure I will be fine... But I never want to hear about big cats again....

No comments: