Friday, July 17, 2009

I new the economy was in bad shape....

This week when I took my foray into the City of Angels, I had to drive to pick up one of my co workers at one of the stores we manage for the National Cellular Phone Company we work for. He was there with our boss and I was going to drive him back to his car, so the boss could take the big boss to the airport. Coworker and I got into my car, the convertible, and started driving down Sunset blvd. We stopped at a signal and were chatting when suddenly a homeless man came to my window and asked

"Sister, can you spare a hundred?"

A HUNDRED?? Seriously?? I don't even have a five I could spare, but now inflation has even hit the homeless? I mumbled sorry and stepped on the gas... We were cracking up so hard... A hundred.. I remember when they asked for a quarter. But now with the cost of living rising, the homeless must be feeling it too..

But then I wondered, wait what has gone up for the homeless?? Has the rent on his cardboard box gone up? Does he have to pay for a space rental on the box like you do in a mobile home park? Has the cost of flip flops at the salvation army store on the corner gone up? Or the store brand hooch? Has that increased in price, I mean, I know I can get a bottle of wine for $4 so I am assuming some vodka or tequila cant be that much more for the cheap stuff? I mean, I realize he is in Hollywood, but seriously... A Hundred????

No comments: