Thursday, April 24, 2008

Get out!

Grin and I have had this long standing plan (actually Grin has this plan, I have other ideas) about our living situation in the future... Grin believes she will live with me until she gets married and then she and her husband will live with me... My plan tends to lean toward her moving out on her own and Mommy living in Italy or England. She has gotten a little bit better so maybe this pipe dream of us sharing a home well into my golden years will just go away...

Smirk on the other hand, wanted to live with me, but now has decided that she wants to move in with her friends. She knows that to follow her career choice of law enforcement for the federal government she will most likely have to go to Quantico (that would be Virginia, not California) and her friends will probably not leave the West Coast, but she is determined...

Last night Smirk came and sat down and said... "I just don't understand... We (the pack of rabid teenagers she calls friends) were talking about college and who was leaving and when, and the chatter turned to what were they all going to do without Mommies..." See, I cook for most of them (they just magically appear when pots start clattering in my kitchen) and I do the laundry for most of them (they leave their clothes on my floor and I end up washing them). They don't know how to cook or do laundry... Smirk however does... So, she instantly became the most sought after roommate. Little do they all know... Smirk knows how to cook and do laundry, she is just too lazy to do any of it... I have a feeling that once she starts college at the 2nd largest party school in California in two years, I will see mounds of laundry coming home on the weekends... It is just going to be too bad for her I will be unavailable unless there is payment!

No comments: