Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reading people's minds?

Hello dear readers, also known as my father and auntie... Although since it has been so long, they may have given up on me...

Today's post is a mild rant on people... Why are people sooooo strange? As you both know, I have a new job. Fun stuff, working for a guy I dont like, doing things that are so boring I can barely keep awake in the office. I am promised each day there will be more, but that has yet to materialize. Today something came into my inbox and it read like a bad grammar sentence used to teach small children how not to write.

I think the person doing the writing believed I could read his mind in the words he typed.

Literally, here is what he wrote

Please filter this by Socal only then filter by q2 and then send it out to all Dealer IAE’s and ISM. CC xxx, xxx and myself

Along with this go into the closed door list and list the most recent doors termed and say this are the dealer that should in process to archive contracts


Sounds easy right??? And trust me I know how to use excel and filters and all of that, but... There is no list, no filter that would show me Socal, no closed door list, no most recent doors termed... In otherwords, I am supposed to magically jump inside his head and figure it out...Oh and when questioned, he is too busy to tell me what he wants and we will discuss tomorrow.

So again another day with no work, no projects, no fun, just sitting in the office counting down the minutes until I can bolt out the door and go home.

By the way, I really miss my living room and the fun I had working from my couch! I hope both of my readers are well and now that I have nothing to do during the day, maybe I can post more! Tomorrow, a Grin story to laugh at!

1 comment:

Guffaw said...

Hang in there, old girl, sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better.
Oh, and . . . thanks for the new post!!! I can hardly wait for the Grin story!