Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Big Issues

I have issues...

I would like to officially blame them on my parental units! Yes, thanks to you Dad, I cannot stand it when someone, especially someone in an authoritative role, massacres the words February and Library. I realize that this is small in comparison to say a teacher or student walking into a class room with an AK-47 and shooting up the place but when I hear a teacher or professor or President/Candidate or even the CEO of my company say the word "febuary" it makes this artery in right eye spasm. Or the LIBRARIAN at the local high school leaving me a message on the answering machine informing that Smirk needs to return the Canterbury Tales to the LIBARY. The LIBARY??? Does she work in a different facility than the Library that holds books, you know the one.. Word root Libri that meant "book, paper, parchment," originally "the inner bark of trees," (did you know we used to write on the inner bark of trees, but I digress) How would the woman not know that she works in a Library? What about the teachers who tell my children that in Febuary there will be a school vacation? Or the president who talks about Presidents Day Holiday in Febuary?? Are their 13 months in the year and if so, why would they name the 13th one so very similarly to the 2nd month of the calendar year? And why does not this month show up in my calendar?? Is it a Mayan or Aztec thing??? Maybe it was the one that got throw out of the Gregorian Calendar in the 1500's??

Why does this bother me so... Probably because my father was a freak and kept correcting things like this as I grew up and now it has rubbed off on me.. I have no tolerance for this error of humanity.. Nor do I for spelling errors by people who are supposedly college educated.. I received an email from someone who has graduated from college and is supposedly higher up in the company than me (I let them believe this, they just really don't know the truth). The email read " I have also inputted a return label into the envelope"... She INPUTTED??? So she typed the return label into the computer envelope for me?? Or did she input a return label??? Am I crazy?? I can understand typing errors... Sure but this was not a typo... This was just plain bad grammar! Do people not use spell check? Does no one proofread any more??? For instance, I was reading a book this weekend and I found two grammatical errors (theirs/theres), not just typos (there were several of those as well, but my problem was that this was a published piece of work... Do they not hire proofreaders??? I want that job... That's it... I quit, I will just turn over a new leaf and stop being so critical. I will join the masses! So I balame all my probolems on my Daddie and Mommie an will be like the rest of the folk in the world and not care what I do or say in Febuary or january and I will never go to the libary to look up a word. Theirs a place I just can not stand....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh deer , ewe knead a vaykayshun..