Thursday, May 22, 2008

walking a mile in my size 8.5 black mary jane 3 inch heels!!

I was speaking to the Ex Mr. Amused about his and Smirk's major drama/argument/fight of the century this last weekend, he mentioned to me that his lovely 9 year old son (Rat Boy) who is in 4th grade did the unthinkable. This child had waited until the last minute to tell his father of a report due on Friday (today) on one of the California missions. Now all parents in the state of California, who have had one or more children in the public school system know that in 4th grade your spawn will be assigned "The Mission Project". Each school district varies a little bit, but the project usually consists of writing a paper on the history of the mission and then making a diorama, replica, horrific mess to represent the mission you were assigned. Both Smirk and Grin had done this report and I was the one to assist.



But the Ex Mr. was mortified that Rat Boy had waited until Tuesday of the week it was due to inform his father that he would be needing assistance. I had to laugh, see in all these years he has never had to deal with the late night assembly of a diorama or the last minute rush of "can you type my essay, oh yea and maybe help write it too??" Or the best one.. "Mommy, I have a poster board project on the life cycle of a solar system due tomorrow, can you help me?" He has never had to deal with things like that and now thanks to Rat Boy, he was being inducted... I asked him what his issue was.. Hello, I had been doing this for about 12 years now!!!



In all my niceness (as I laughed at his dilemma), I did mention that we, due to the propensity in which my family saves things, probably still had Grin's report laying around somewhere just in case he wanted to teach Rat Boy how to cheat in 4th grade... Surprisingly enought, Grin was so proud of it that she knew exactly where it was... in a bookcase at the Ex Mr.'s own house... I wonder?? Did he pass ethics 101 or did he take the easy way out.... We shall have to see but I am betting he spent the better part of this week figuring out how to construct the diorama...

No comments: