Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cats???

So, anyone who has met me knows that I dont like cats. Now before you stop reading, I am not a terrible kitten hating person. I think it stems from the fact that when I am around one, my throat starts to swell and I cant breathe or see from the tears streaming out of my eyes. I think some cats are quite adorable. Kittens are just plain cute... And usually like to wander in and out of my legs rubbing their lovely, anaphalactic shock inducing fur against my clothing...But I digress...
The reason for the cat rant is I was just informed by my best friend,Bee, who informed me that on my birthday I will now have one year left as a PUMA.
From what I understand, next year, my age not only will be one of the hardest birthdays for a woman to suffer through but thanks to the media and movies like When Harry Met Sally, now instead of thinking I am still young and fun I will be a freaking COUGAR... This is just wrong. I protest... Why cats?
I dont feel like a cougar, I feel like a Kitten.. I realize the extra 30 pounds that I am carrying around doesnt make me look like a kitten, but a COUGAR... I dont thinks so! So I plan to come up with a new labeling system and put it out into the world. Maybe Birds??? Young girls could be Hawks, then the 30's could become Falcon's then 40 and above could be maybe a peacock??

Thoughts????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think birds have already been done.. "cute chick" and "old buzzard". How about dogs?. girls are poodles, moms are retreivers and the 40 and over are shar-pei woof!

Smiley said...

Dogs might be a good option!!!