Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Favorite Things....

As Smirk, Grin and I sat unapologetically watching (and signing) the Sound of Music, last night, I begin to muse on my favorite things....I dont believe I can fit them into the song...

For instance, on chilly but sunny days, I love to get into my car after it has been sitting in the sun all day and just sit for a minute soaking in the warmth on the leather seats before I start to drive away.

I like to walk into my house and smell onions and tomatoes bubbling away for spaghetti sauce. Or coffee, or bread or anything with cinnamon... I love Thanksgiving...Planning, cooking, baking, eating, relaxing, the whole kit and kaboodle... I love it!

To stand in the back of an auditorium or high school gym and feel the swelling of pride as one of my girls does something great.

I like to take the girls to the upick orchards and picking the end of summer berries or apples (Smirk usually snacks as she picks resulting in stained fingers and seeds between her teeth) and then returning home to make applesauce, pies and fruit snacks.

I love to spend a lazy Sunday in my pajamas reading a good book (or two), while drinking a cuppa and not worrying about the piles of laundry in the garage or the dust bunnies behind the tv.

When I do finally get to that pile of laundry in the garage... Socks straight from the dryer, all warm and toasty, those have got to be a favorite!!

My favorite time waster would have to be when in public sitting and people watching.. I can make up stories about things I see. Smirk and I like to play "guess your life story" while people walk by. Grin doesnt like it as much but will join in when something (one) is very strange....

Being in Orange County, I rarely venture past the Orange Curtain, but if I have to go into LA I love to go to the Farmer's market and play the above mentioned game (always interesting people to watch there) and get a ham & cheese crepe (http://www.frenchcrepe.com/) YUMMY!!

No matter the time of year, I enjoy driving down Pacific Coast Highway early in the morning before the tourists come out of their posh accomodations and see the shop owners sweeping sidewalks and getting the towns ready for the days traffic.

I think one of my absolute favorite things is sharing all of these crazing things with Smirk and Grin and helping them start their list while discovering more for me...

No comments: