Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bad Baby...

We survived the night of the mechanical baby but I discovered 2 things. First, I am extremely glad I had my children early! I could not imagine having to do it over again at this age. Women who have children well into their 40's or beyond are nuts! Little Andi had one cry at a strange pitch that made the hair on the back of my neck tingle. She burped and cooed when she was happy. When the baby would cry or burp, which preceded the cry, the parent was to insert a plastic key into a slot on the babies back. The first cry sounded at 11:30. Grin was already sound asleep so I went in and rescued her and the robo baby from disturbing her slumbering sister. Grin lumbered into my bed and we put the dolly between us. Half hour later, we were again woken by the cry. I jumped up and fixed the squealing while Grin struggled to become coherent enough to figure out what I was doing. The baby woke up every hour either to be burped (the key is labeled burp) or have its diaper changed (again a key) until 4am when it allowed us to sleep uninterrupted until 5:27am... Since the alarm goes off at 5:30 I just decided to stay awake. The only good thing was the Grin does not want to have children for at least 10 years and she has decided that she better have a good husband to help out! I am just glad I really didn't have to change 4 diapers last night!!

The second thing I discovered is that I need a new bed! I cant say I really discovered this as I have known it for about a year, but it just keeps becoming more and more apparent to me. I have had this mattress since Smirk was 1. Since she just turned 18, you do the math! So, why don't I just go get a new mattress... Two issues, I am picky and poor! I put Goldilocks and the Three Bears to shame... I have looked at several of the new mattress and am appalled at not only the price but I don't really like any of the new styles. The foam one felt like I was being smothered while I lay down... Too soft... Several of the new styles are labeled as no turn mattresses. While that sounds great, I had a concern, these mattresses looked huge! I had to almost jump to get up onto the bed. I felt like the princess and the pea. So, I am at a loss, I just don't know where to look. I guess after I win lotto I will choose on of the princess beds and try to channel my inner Royal... Who knows maybe I will finally find my prince... Somewhere... But you gotta kiss a lot of frogs!

No comments: